Our History The Christian church in Harriman was the first to build a permanent structure church building after the town was formed. The original church building was built in 1901. A new facility, including a new sanctuary and educational wing, was built in the late 50's and early 60's. Our sanctuary seats 250 people and the educational wing is more than adequate to meet the church's needs.
What We Believe The Holy Bible was inspired by God and contains His will for man (2 Tim 3:15-17) God's word is our only source of truth for living. The Godhead consists of the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19).
Jesus was born of a virgin, lived on the earth as a man, died on the cross for our sins, was raised from the dead, and ascended to the Father, where He ever Lives to make intercession for us (Jn 3:13, 14:2-9, 1 Pet 1:21; 3:21-22, 1 Cor 15:3-6, Rom 6:4, Heb 7:25, Matt 1:22-23).
In order to enter into salvation, a person must experience new birth (John 3:3). The steps to new birth are: Hearing the Word (Rom 10:17), Believing in Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31), Repenting of sin (Acts 2:38), Confessing Christ as the living God and Savior (Matt 10:33 and Rom 10:9-10), and being baptized for the remission of sins (Matt 28:19, Acts 2:38, Rom 6:4-6).
Mission Statement Evangelize and Edify to Glorify First Christian Church of Harriman exists to bring people to Jesus and membership in his family, to develop them to Christ-like maturity, and to equip them for their ministry in the church and life mission in the world, in order to glorify God.
Core Values 1. Evangelism Telling others about Christ; commitment to planting and supporting churches worldwide.
2. Practical Preaching/Teaching Relating the Bible to everyday life application.
3. Prayer Depending on God in prayer.
4. Meaningful Relationships Developing close ties through fellowship.
5. Inspirational Worship Music that praises and honors God With awe and celebration.
6. Membership Involvement Equipping the members for service in the Kingdom of Christ.
7. Youth Ministry Providing quality programs to prepare young people for life-long service to God and neighbor.